Russia hopes for resumption of grain exports to Iran — ministry
Business & Economy July 29, 21:52
Humanitarian operation in Aleppo to create basis for inter-Syrian talks — official
World July 29, 21:47
Russian watchdog to consider import ban lifting after visit to Turkey
Business & Economy July 29, 21:35
International Weightlifting Fed disqualifies Russian team from Olympics
Sport July 29, 20:55
Crimea needs French investments — official
Business & Economy July 29, 20:51
French MP: tatar minority rights observed in Crimea better than Russians’ in Baltic states
Russian Politics & Diplomacy July 29, 20:44
Russian defense contractor: fully universal submarine can’t be developed today
Military & Defense July 29, 20:25
Russia to discuss Nord Stream-2 with European Commission — minister
Business & Economy July 29, 20:09
Ministry: Inflation suppression to 4% by 2017 year-end possible in Russia
Business & Economy July 29, 20:03{{element.title}}
{{element.heading}} {{element.date}}

MOSCOW, July 19. /TASS/. A special commission headed by Commander of the Russian Western Military District troops Andrei Kartapolov has started an inspection to check progress in eliminating shortcomings in the Baltic Fleet that had been exposed by a Defense Ministry inspection, the district spokesman Igor Muginov said on Tuesday.
The commission will check the "organization of combat training in the formations and units of the coastal defense troops, naval aviation and ship forces." Also, the commission will check the preparation of the ranges for an international seaborne assault naval competitions stage that to be held in the Baltic Sea in August.
"The commission's work will be completed by the weekend", Muginov said.
The Defense Ministry reported previously that serious shortcomings in combat training and distortion of real situation in reports were exposed in the Baltic Fleet by an inspection, which took place from May 11 to June 10. On June 29, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu dismissed the Commander of the Baltic Fleet, Viktor Kravchuk, and the Chief of Staff of the Fleet, Sergei Popov, for the shortcomings in combat training and distortions of reality in reports.
He ordered an urgent elimination of the shortcomings and a new inspection of the Baltic Fleet before the end of this year.
Vice-Admiral Alexander Nosatov and Vice-Admiral Igor Mukhametshin will perform the duties of the Baltic Fleet commander and chief of staff.
Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu gave orders "to take exhaustive measures to remedy the situation and establish order in the Baltic Fleet", which will be inspected again at the end of the year.