Ceasefire comes into force in Eastern Ghouta in Syria
World April 30, 5:55
Putin to present Hero of Labor medals to five winners
Society & Culture April 30, 2:44
Moldovan opposition says will not admit display of NATO vehicles on VE-Day
World April 30, 2:30
Ecclestone: Russia’s Sochi still on fast-track of positive developments
Sport April 30, 2:03
Russian Geographic Society allocated over $2.9 million to support 130 projects last year
Science & Space April 30, 1:59
Sichuan takin cow gives birth to her 5th kid in Moscow Zoo
Society & Culture April 30, 1:56
Team Ferrari pilots begin FIA F1 Sochi Grand Prix with new engines
Sport April 29, 23:52
Russian Defense Ministry reports 8 ceasefire violations in Syria
World April 29, 21:41
Putin: Issue of salmon drift-net fishing ban solved
Business & Economy April 29, 21:33{{element.title}}
{{element.heading}} {{element.date}}

MOSCOW, February 1. /TASS/. Russian Defense Ministry is waiting for explanations from representatives of NATO and the Pentagon of the actions of Turkish military which the ministry accuses of shelling the Syrian territory, official spokesman Igor Konashenkov said on Monday.
"Those who warn us about consequences without understanding what happened, should first of all think about the trap their Turkish partners are dragging them into," Konashenkov said.
According to Konashenkov, Turkish military shell Syria’s territory from large-caliber artillery, and Russia has "irrefutable evidence" of these cases.
The general said Russia’s military have received footage provided by Syria’s General Staff that shows deployment of large-caliber self-propelled artillery weapons in one of near-border areas. The ministry also received a video from Syria’s opposition showing the shelling of Syria, he said.
"This is called a fact. This is irrefutable evidence that Turkey’s armed forces shell near-border Syrian settlements from large-caliber artillery systems," Maj. Gen. Konashenkov said.
He showed the journalists a video that pictured a part of the Syrian-Turkish border. "This facility is a Turkish frontier post where several months ago there were no firing points," he said.
Speaking on Ankara’s new allegations that Russia's Su-34 bomber violated Turkey’s airspace last week, Konashenkov said: "Those who warn us about consequences without understanding what happened, should first of all think about the trap their Turkish partners are dragging them into."