Lavrov and Kerry to discuss fighting Islamic State in Vienna
FSB detains Crimea’s industrial policies minster
NATO’s turn against Russia plotted long before Ukraine events — diplomat
Kiev security forces violate ceasefire 12 times in Donetsk — DPR
Serbia has taken no decision on participation in Turkish Stream project
State will continue financing sport for the next five-six years — Russian sports ministerSports June 30, 21:58
Protesters in central Yerevan argue with police ignoring request to disperseWorld June 30, 21:54
Ukraine’s Federation of Employers calls on Poroshenko to send government to resignationWorld June 30, 21:31
Holidaymakers staying away from Sousse resort after Tunisia beach attackWorld June 30, 20:59
NATO’s turn against Russia plotted long before Ukraine events — diplomatRussia June 30, 20:49
Lavrov, Kerry discuss INF Treaty problemsRussia June 30, 20:31
Armenian government to cover electricity price rise from off-budget sourcesWorld June 30, 20:28
Khodorkovsky’s lawyers dismiss Investigative Committee's statement as fantasyRussia June 30, 19:58
No politics in situation around Electric Networks of Armenia — Head of Russia’s Inter RAOWorld June 30, 19:45
MOSCOW, December 30. /ITAR-TASS/. No additional security measures will be taken in Sochi due to the terrorist act in Volgograd, State Duma first deputy speaker, president of the Russian Olympic Committee Alexander Zhukov said after a meeting with the United Russia party leaders on Monday.
“All necessary measures are envisioned at the Olympic Games in Sochi,” Zhukov said, adding “No other security measures will be taken due to the terrorist act in Volgograd because everything is done.”
A fan passport for Sochi visitors will be used for the first time at the Olympic Games, the lawmaker said.
This is the second terrorist act in the past two days: on Sunday, December 29, a blast struck a railway in Volgograd that killed 17 people and injured over 40 people. Five people are in critical condition.
Previously, a terrorist act was committed in Volgograd on October 21, 2013 when an explosion hit a bus, which carried over 40 passengers. Seven people died and over 40 people were injured.