Portugal defeated Croatia, reaching Euro 2016 quarter finalsSport June 26, 1:51
Jabhat al-Nusra group impeding ceasefire in Syria - Russia’s reconciliation centerWorld June 26, 1:50
Brexit makes EU’s disintegration practically inevitable, says SorosWorld June 25, 23:01
Finland collecting signatures for referendum on leaving EUWorld June 25, 22:56
Snowden criticizes Russia’s new package of antiterrorist lawsSociety & Culture June 25, 22:53
Pope Francis I wishes normalizartion of relations to Armenia, TurkeyWorld June 25, 21:32
Wales beats Northern Ireland, reaches Euro 2016 quarter finalsSport June 25, 21:31
Russia, China sign deal to cooperate in building heavy helicopterBusiness & Economy June 25, 20:46
Putin: Russia, China have common approach to international, regional problemsRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 25, 18:13
LUGANSK, June 20, /ITAR-TASS/. The self-defence forces of the Lugansk People’s Republic have refused to lay down arms in response to today’s statement of Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko on unilateral ceasefire in southeast Ukraine until June 27, Agence France Presse Valery Bolotov, the head of the Lugansk People’s Republic, as saying.
“Our people will not lay down arms until Ukraine does not pull out all troops from our territory,” Bolotov said.
During his visit to Svyatogorsk, located 15 kilometers to the north of Slavyansk in the Donetsk region earlier on Friday, Poroshenko ordered all Ukrainian army units fighting in the country’s southeast and the border guards to cease fire until June 27.
Poroshenko said that the ceasefire was designed to enable the Kiev authorities’ foes to lay down arms. He warned that those who would refuse to do that would be destroyed, Ukraine’s Interior Ministry wrote on its website.
The Ukrainian president also said military hostilities during the ceasefire could be possible only if the Ukrainian troops had to return fire.