Gerard Depardieu opens cultural center in SaranskSociety & Culture August 28, 7:22
Protesters pelt Ukrainian embassy in Moscow with eggsRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 28, 0:41
Russian sports minister says couple pages missing from McLaren's initial reportSport August 27, 13:26
Lavrov, Kerry round up 12-hours-long talks in GenevaRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 27, 2:50
Competitions for Russian Paralympians banned from Rio to be held in early SeptemberSport August 26, 21:35
Russian swimmer breaks world record in 100 m IM on short courseSport August 26, 21:15
Russian lawmaker believes prospects for pan-European Army dim after BrexitRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 26, 21:01
Bombers and interceptor aircraft redeployed to southern Russia from PermMilitary & Defense August 26, 20:50
Tokyo refrains from commenting Russia’s offer to join relief operation in SyriaWorld August 26, 19:45
MOSCOW, February 16. /TASS/. The self-proclaimed Donetsk people’s republic is not planning to pull back heavy weaponry until Kiev troops halt shellings, the deputy commander of the DPR’s Defense Ministry’s corps, Eduard Basurin, said on Monday.
"Under the Minsk memorandum, the armament withdrawal may take place in certain conditions, including after the full ceasefire and you see what is happening at the airport and the Armed Forces of Ukraine are again shelling the airport’s territory and the adjacent areas," Basurin said.
"The heavy weaponry withdrawal starts only after the ceasefire. And if the Armed Forces of Ukraine do not stop shellings, which come in violation of the Minsk agreements, the DPR militias will not pull back their weaponry," Basurin was quoted by the Donetsk news agency as saying.
The agency reported that earlier on Monday a group of thirty journalists at the airport witnessed shelling carried out from Kiev’s positions. Donetsk republic’s envoy to the Contact Group, Denis Pushilin, in an interview with the Russian News Service blamed the shellings on those units that are not subordinate to the Kiev authorities. Pushilin stressed that militias would not open fire first.
The leader of Ukraine's radical nationalist Right Sector organization, Dmytro Yarosh, announced last week that the group refused to recognize the Minsk agreements reached on February 12.
"Two my battalions, which are well-armed and equipped, continue the offensive near Debaltseve and have serious military results," said the leader of the group, which is banned as extremist in Russia.