Aircraft of Admiral Kuznetsov to be used in Syria Oct-Jan — sourceMilitary & Defense July 02, 9:25
Extension of EU anti-Russian sanctions comes into forceWorld July 02, 8:43
Investigative Committee: technical fault, pilot error key versions of Il-76 incidentSociety & Culture July 02, 6:44
Wales defeats Belgium to make it to 2016 Euro Cup semifinalsSport July 02, 0:09
Russian deputy PM to visit Transdniestria July 5-6World July 01, 23:30
Russia votes against UNHRC resolution placing all blame on Syrian governmentRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 01, 21:42
Russia's investment relations with Turkey will be restored — ministerBusiness & Economy July 01, 21:30
Finnish president notes role of sanctions in Finland-Russia trade declineBusiness & Economy July 01, 20:14
Russia will tighten responsibility for doping violations — PutinSport July 01, 19:45
KHMEIMIM, March 28. /TASS/. The terms and conditions of ceasefire regime, coordinated by Russia and the United States, came into force in Syria at midnight, chief of the Russian truce center for the warring sides Sergey Kuralenko said on Monday.
"The document outlines conditions of the ceasefire regime control and terms of recording its violations by Russia’s and US armed forces," he said.
A joint statement of Russia and the US says the ceasefire regime in Syria took effect on February 27.
The statement underscores that the truce terms cover all parties to the conflict excluding the terrorist groups the Islamic State and Jabhat al-Nusra as well as other terrorist organizations recognized as such by the United Nations Security Council.
According to the Russian military official, the US is not ready to hold thorough discussions of the controlling measures for the ceasefire regime, which is violated at least several times a day.
The General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces said they are unilaterally ready to apply military force against those violating the regime.
Russia’s center for reconciliation of the warring parties in Syria has received information that Turkey has supplied the Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group with more than 50 gunmen and three trucks with munitions, according to the center’s information bulletin posted on the Russian defense ministry’s website on Monday.
"According to information from residents of the Aleppo province, more than 50 gunmen and three trucks with munitions have arrived to the settlement of Anadan from Turkey to reinforce Jabhat al-Nusra’s units," the document says.
According to the bulletin, Jabhat al-Nusra gunmen attempted an attack on the Kurdish positions in Aleppo’s Sheikh Maksoud district from the settlement of Hraitan. "After a 30-minute battle, terrorists retreated to their former positions," the bulletin says.
Over the past day, terrorists fired more than 30 mines and 14 home-made missiles at the Sheikh Maksoud district, the bulletin says.
The chief of Russia’s reconciliation center, Lieutenant General Sergei Kuralenko, said earlier on Monday that the situation in Aleppo where the Kurdish Sheikh Maksoud district is shelled from mortars and artillery systems, arouses serious concern. "This district is shelled by the Ahrar ash-Sham group, which has joined the ceasefire regime, and by Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists. Two civilians were killed and six more were wounded in shelling on March 27 alone," Kuralenko said.
A ceasefire regime brokered by Russia and the United States on February 22 officially came into effect in Syria at midnight Damascus time on February 27. This does not cover terrorist groups such as Islamic State and Jabhat al-Nusra, both outlawed in Russia, and other groups recognized as terrorist by the United Nations Security Council.
An hour before the ceasefire came into force, the United Nations Security Council adopted a resolution in support cessation of hostilities in Syria. The document was initiated by Russia and the United States and won support from all the 15 members of the United Nations Security Council.